The Internet of Things (IoT) used to be science fiction. Just think of the communicators that the Star Trek crew used, or the robotic vacuum cleaner in the Jetson household. When these two TV shows were popular, viewers never dreamed that these “things” would some day exist in the real world. Well, they do exist and it’s projected that in the year 2020, there will be more than 26 million devices connected to the internet.
Join us for this short webinar to learn what executives need to know about the implications of IoT technology, including its benefits, risks and guidelines for successful deployment.
In this 30-minute webinar, you’ll learn:
- What is the Internet of Things (IoT) and how are companies using this emerging technology.
- The benefits that IoT brings to companies to improve efficiency and enhance competitiveness.
- Problems that IoT creates when the technology is not properly implemented or supported.
- Security and privacy concerns that increase business risks.
- Questions to ask to guide a successful IoT implementation.
About the Presenter
Peter O'Campo, Chief Technology Officer
Peter O’Campo is Chief Technology Officer of Accent Computer Solutions, Inc. He earned his B.S. in Accounting from Azusa Pacific University in 1996. Prior to working for Accent, he successfully grew and sold three information technology companies. In his role as Accent’s CTO, Peter is responsible for advancing technology and increasing efficiency for both Accent and its clients. He stays up-to-date on the IT industry, evaluates new technology to stay ahead of the competition, implements technologies and processes to make staff more effective, as well as reviews and refines existing processes for efficiency.